Virvius Update (03/13/22)
Log - 03/13/22
- This is a massive update, in this build includes 2 more weapons, 72 different command line inputs, bug fixes to enemies, Explosions, player impact, more options, much more. I had this sucker running at 4K resolution between 60-100 FPS 60Hz monitor.
- More sounds added for player underwater.
- Sound for wall traps was changed.
- Some wall traps needed to be pulled off wall.
- Built rocket launcher model that is animated to reload 4 times.
- Two small micro missiles that spiral around the primary rocket.
- Grenade Launcher that shoots timed grenades.
- Explosive nuclear barrels.
- Enhanced Command console by pressing "back quote".
- Visual appearance of the weapons when using FOV
- Turn off rain/environmental effects in options
- Better auto aim that doesn't cause performance lag.
- All options are accessible through console commands.
- Super user (debug) sub commands implemented (Dev Only).
- 72 different console commands now.
- New crane system in the new large lava room.
- Added more reflection probes to level.
- More blood effects when gibbing enemies.
- Player Impact/blowback system.
- Lock Y Axis option added.
- Bump map textures were updated to most materials.
- Increased explosive range.
- Made the background of pause menu darker to read text and blur out game background UI.
- Added actual armor Icons based on what armor was obtained.
- Added “HZ” to FPS display.
- Changed the skin color of the player arm.
- Air control toggle added to options.
- Speed up player movement strafing, walking, running.
- Fixed the footstep sounds to match if player is running.
- Adjusted player damage tilt.
- Changed player UI flash sprites.
- Pickup Items now have a Rigidbody with gravity.
- Added a new Logo intro to game boot.
- Added a new game intro similar to Quake II for N64. (no enemies yet)
- New Virvius Title screen.
- Removed old Virvius logo.
- Enemies can now access moving platforms or connected links.
- Character Controller could get stuck on small dips between the connection of rooms.
- Enemies needed to engage the player quicker.
- Gibs needed to be toned down to be more rare with weapon kills.
- Minigun barrel did not spin down.
- Options volume was currently broken, values are set to 0 but show 50%.
- Cage Z-fighting in boiler room bridge.
- Sounds for traps needed to be changed.
- Waterfall effect appeared underwater.
- Minigun sound needed to be changed (still not perfect)
- Fixed issue with UI version 2, health & armor not applying color when power active.
- Fixed issue with gain, lift & gamma values not being correct.
- Fixed issue with contrast & saturation not adjusting to percentage.
- Fixed issue with player bobbing being jittery on slopes.
- Fixed issue with resolution not displaying correct screen dimensions.
- Moved key icons out of the way of message text. (except UI version 3)
- Fixed problems with enemy engagement to player and movement.
- Rain appears underwater.
- Impact from explosions/din enemy can be too strong.
- Player can blast themselves out of the level with grenades/rockets
- Din enemy can be too strong to kill.
- Grenades stick to walls/low gravity.
- The player can walk on gravel and sounds still play metal footsteps.
- Enemies will not engage player if behind them.
- UI Version 3 still has keys in corner that UI text overlaps.
- Enemies travel through Nav Mesh Links way too fast.
- Add make more weapons (2 left).
- Add more enemies.
- Make a mini boss.
- Finish Sector 3.
- Finish the Level Ending area.
- Add level transitioning (need more levels built).
- Build the Rail gun
- Build the MSigma X800
- Build a terrifying skeleton enemy with a melee weapon that charges player.
- Build a bigger, tougher grenade launcher grunt to fire grenades.
- Build a flying specter enemy that fires projectiles
- Add Anti-Aliasing to options menu.
Mar 14, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.